Help in a crisis

Help in a crisis

Non-urgent advice: For urgent or emergency health care

Call 999

In a medical emergency, when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk; see when to call 999 for more details.

Accident and Emergency (A&E)

Go to A&E for genuine life-threatening emergencies; see when to go to A&E for more details.

NHS 111

If you need help but it’s not an emergency; find out more on-line at NHS 111 or call 111


Your dentist may be able to see you or direct for emergency dental treatment or may direct you to another dental service. If you aren’t registered with a dentist or your emergency is out of hours, call NHS 111 for advice including the cost of any treatment.

Non-urgent advice: For non emergency health care


For a wide range of family health services, you can talk to your local GP; you can search for your local GP services including how to register; if your GP is closed you can go to NHS 111 or call 111 that will direct you to the right local service.


You can talk to your local pharmacist for advice on minor illnesses or medication.

Non-urgent advice: For urgent mental health support

Bradford district

For urgent mental health support in Bradford district call First Response on 0800 952 1181, available for free 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

For safeguarding support

Safeguarding children is everybody’s business. Safeguarding children means protecting children from physical, emotional or sexual abuse or neglect. It also means improving their life chances by supporting children to grow up to be confident, healthy and happy adults.

If you are concerned that a child is being harmed you must not keep these concerns to yourself. Contact the numbers above to ensure that you speak to a suitable person who can listen to and record your concerns, and then take the appropriate action.  See Bradford Council’s website.

For domestic abuse support

Domestic abuse affects one in four women and one in six men. It is likely to get worse in situations such as pregnancy or when alcohol use is involved. We ask routinely when we have contact with you if this is something you are concerned about. We can provide information and support.  See Bradford Council’s website for more information or support.

Non-urgent advice: For other concerns

If you have non-urgent concerns about your child or yourself, including your mental health, please contact your GP, Midwife or Health visitor. 

There are lots of services that can help you and your health professionals can refer you. 

Some people may need the Specialist Mother and Baby Mental Health Service, and their website also has some useful information and resources Specialist Mother and Baby Mental Health service – Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale, Craven (

If you are struggling to afford enough food for yourself or your baby you can find help and support from Bradford Foodbanks – Find your local foodbank in Bradford District 

Email Address:

Phone Number: 07557 997849


Also, see our more links and information section for more booklets and helpful resources.